Become a Certified Tutor and Teach an Adult to Read
Learn to Read of Northwest Florida offers “New Tutor Training Seminars” for volunteers to become certified in the tutoring process. As a new tutor, you will be working with the only literacy program in Escambia or Santa Rosa County that provides free, one-on-one adult literacy instruction. Call our office to schedule a new tutor training session.
We have many rewarding volunteer opportunities:
- Assisting with the newsletter;
- Manning display tables;
- Assisting with fundraising projects;
- Writing grants;
- Providing clerical support (data management, library maintenance, mailing assistance);
- Assisting with public relations and marketing activities;
- Providing hospitality for workshops and socials;
- Participating in conversation classes for adults learning to speak English.
Send your contribution to the following address:
Learn to Read of Northwest Florida, Inc.
1720 W. Fairfield Dr., Suite 315
Pensacola FL 332501
Contact us to make a donation with a credit card.
- You can make a contribution through the Combined Federal Campaign. Our CFC number is 42003.
- You can also make a contribution to us through the United Way.Contact us if you would like someone to speak at a meeting of your organization, club, church, or business.
How Businesses Can Help
- Become a corporate sponsor.
- Offer a site for tutoring.
- Help one of your employees to become a tutor.
- Refer an adult who needs help with reading and writing skills.
A copy of our official registration No. CH1304 and financial information may be obtained from the Florida Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free 800.435.7352 within Florida. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the State of Florida.